Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sept 2010 MA to CA

This road trip definitely qualifies as our very first adventure together and really the start of our great relationship. Colin and I met after I visited San Diego in December 2009. He was a roommate of a friend I was visiting and I couldn’t be happier I met him. After my visit, we kept in touch via email, then text messages, then phone calls which led to us dating across the country after only meeting each other once four months prior. After some thought, I took a chance and decided to move out to San Diego that fall, in 2010. Colin flew into Boston from San Diego, helped me with some small items to stuff into my 2006 Jeep Liberty, and we were on our way!
































Colin’s family and to attend a wedding in Pennsylvania. We spent the night in PA, had breakfast with friends and family, and drove straight through to Illinois.


































The next day we drove for 15 hours straight! Stopping to take a picture of the Mississippi River and stopping for lunch at the University of Iowa. We also had an interesting stop at a Nebraska Wal-Mart. I really used to think I was from a small town before making this drive. It was really great passing through Lincoln, NE. Colin and I used to joke that we would meet in that town because it was exactly the half way point between Halifax and San Diego.









































We made it to Colorado to enjoy the Rocky Mountain National Park. It was absolutely gorgeous there. We ate dinner at a local grill and Colin tried an Elk burger. I really wanted to stop at Four Corners on our way to the Grand Canyon, so we headed off of the interstate to Route 141, which lead us to driving until 2am on a very scary road to eventually sleep in Arizona. It’s all a part of the fun, creepy roads and all!

































The next morning we stopped at Four Corners (the only place in the United States where four states; Arizona, New Mexica, Utah, and Colorado come together at one place), took a quick picture, and made it to the Grand Canyon. We actually were able to spend a lot of time here to watch the sunset. It was a gorgeous view for the day. We have since been back to the Grand Canyon but that will be another post! We ate dinner at a great Mexican restaurant, spent the night in AZ again and the next day we finally made it to San Diego, CA. I had so much fun on this 5 day road trip and would do it again in a heart beat. This is a post from the past so I can say now that our crazy chance we took on each other was well worth it. I was so excited to begin our journey living together! Many more great times and adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment